Create tomorrow’s possibilities with us
Onyx is seeking an Origination Associate to join our team as we guide clients along the path to clean energy for users throughout the United States.
The Associate will generate leads for new commercial/industrial customer relationships through client research and proposal generation; manage client relationships; run financial models; and support the negotiation of offtake agreements and related commercial agreements.
- Sell clean energy solution via Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) and other commercial and financial products
- Prospect for, generate, and pursue new customer opportunities across the U.S. focusing on on-site solar and energy storage projects for commercial, industrial, and public sector entities
- Conduct in-person and virtual customer facing sales calls
- Work with customers to understand their renewable power objectives and craft solutions to meet these objectives
- Work with the greater Onyx Renewables team (Engineering, Finance, Legal, Asset Management,) to ensure a smooth workflow for proposals, presentations, term sheets, and other activities during a project’s lifecycle
- Assist with analyzing and negotiating commercial documents like PPAs, EPCs, Site Control agreements, and Asset Purchase agreements alongside Onyx senior originators and legal counsel
- Identify and attend relevant industry events, trade shows, seminars, and business council meetings
- Utilize Salesforce, industry standard tools, and internal Onyx tools (for customer or opportunity evaluation, financial modeling, energy modeling) to determine project viability and optimization
- Organize project data rooms and support project-level due diligence of development deliverables at direction of Onyx senior leadership
- Lead drafting RFP and RFQ responses
- Create customized proposals and bid documents in Power Point and MS Word for project opportunities and external clients
- Bachelor's Degree and 2-4 years of direct solar and/or energy storage origination, sales or prospecting experience
- Detail and results-oriented attitude with an ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional, fast paced, and constantly evolving environment
- Experience presenting to clients and senior executives
- Experience assisting in negotiating complex commercial agreements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of financial modeling of clean energy projects and incentive
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Mindful, accountable, responsible, respectful and collaborative approach to work
- Advanced degree in business administration, a STEM specialty, sustainability studies or other applicable field
- Demonstrated understanding of U.S. power markets
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM product
This position is based in our midtown NYC headquarters. Onyx has a hybrid in-office schedule (M-T-Th).
Read our DE&I Statement here.
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, vision and dental insurance
- Generous paid leave
- Matching safe harbor 401(k) plan
- Flexible spending plans for health care, dependent care and commuting
- Reimbursement of mobile phone plan expenses
- $110,000 - $120,000 depending on applicable experience
To apply, please email Careers@onyxrenewables.com with your resume, cover letter and the subject line "Associate, Origination".
Don’t see a position that fits? We’re always looking to connect with new talent. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.