Onyx Renewable Partners L.P. (“Onyx”) is seeking a contract Construction Manager to join our growing and dynamic team. The Construction Manager will initially be responsible for the day-to-day management of part of our Onyx solar portfolio within the California region. Daily notable responsibilities include managing communication channel with teammates, clients, external consultants, contractors, and subcontractors. The Construction Manager will be responsible for ensuring construction progresses on schedule and oversee project turnover to the joint venture development company.
Additionally, this individual will be responsible for general reporting of construction progress to Onyx management, and Project Managers. This position can be considered as an owner’s representative during physical construction and will be responsible for transitioning the project into the asset management phase. This role provides an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to a complex opportunity to interface with investors and senior management as well as an opportunity for career growth.
- Direct and supervise EPC field teams
- Requisition supplies and materials to complete construction projects
- Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet necessary deadlines
- Determine labor requirements and dispatch workers to construction sites
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes and other regulations
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods
- Select, contract and oversee workers who complete specific pieces of the project
- Manage budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports
- Develop and implement quality control programs
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather or emergencies at construction site
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints and construction problems
- Plan, organize and direct activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities and systems
- Investigate damage, accidents or delays at construction sites, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out
- Evaluate construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans
- Oversee onsite construction phases
- Responsible for maintaining project budget
- Prepare updated project budgets and schedule and report detailed analytics to explain variances against budget and schedule
- Daily progress reports
- Must live within the greater Los Angeles area and willing to travel regionally
- OSHA 30 certification
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of building construction experience, preferably in solar
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to evaluate priorities and multi-task accordingly while keeping others apprised of status with respect to deadlines
- Ability to identify problems and discrepancies, independently perform research and analysis of causes, and recommend corrective actions
- Must be detail and results-oriented with an ability to work in a cross-functional, fast paced, and constantly evolving environment as well as extended hours, as required
- Team player to work in concert with the Project Engineer and Project Managers
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to walk construction job sites and climb ladders if necessary
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other devices and objects.
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines
Onyx Renewable Partners L.P. (“Onyx”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Onyx complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Onyx expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Onyx’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.